Saturday 12 October 2013

Walking With Our Sisters , John Holman



Let Her Fly
Do the shadows call out your name?
When no one else will
Do you feel the sunlight that shines in your space?
Is there ever a moment when you look back
And call out to the life you once knew
It’s very brave of you to walk this broken path
I And the rain falls down each time I look for you
Take me there
Take me there
Do the prairie winds echo you name?
Will the soldiers dance once more at your call?
I feels the illusion of your near
But when I look for you I shiver with fear
Just the thought of you out of my reach
The worlds is no match for all the women you are
And the women you were going to be
I hate the thought of letting you go
Its hurts – when the shadows glow
You left the world wondering why
Breathlessly I let her fly

©2013

   
I Remember You
We travel in the darkness
We chase away the dreams
Where hearts are forever restless
And love is not what it seems
We look at back at each other
I wonder who you are
I wonder who you have been
We travel in the darkness
We chase away the dreams
Truth becomes a game
When the heart out beats the mind
If we look at each other are we still the same
I hope someday you’ll find me
And bring me one more dream
I choose not to be forgotten
I hope that you will remember me
©2013

For Writing Revolution in Place, Oct 11, 2013
Walking with Our Sisters Exhibition
Written by John Holman


No comments:

Post a Comment